Friday, December 2, 2011

daughter.

(image courtesy of google)


i hope you love dresses.
i hope you have eyes like your brother (what I wouldn’t give for his lashes).
i hope you are strong and sweet.
i hope when you pray you believe with all of your heart that God cares.
i hope you marry a man like your dad.
i hope you always choose the right thing over the popular thing.
i hope you won’t hate me when you’re a teenager.
i hope you live a life with more smiles than tears (happy tears are as good as smiles, too).
i hope you aren’t afraid to get dirty and go camping.
i hope you will still be seen with me even when i'm uncool.
i hope that your faith will grow every minute that you do.
i hope you won’t be a picky eater.
i hope you won’t love shopping quite as much as I do.
i hope you will tell me anything and not be afraid.
i hope you will never get your heart broken.
i hope you will be quick to stand up when you fall.
i hope you will stick up for people.
i hope you will appreciate your imperfections.
i hope you will let me do your hair.
i hope you will care more about the beauty on the inside than on the outside.
i hope you will never feel alone.
i hope you will choose your friends wisely.
i hope you will trust us to do what’s best for you.
i hope you will never want to be anyone but the person God has made you to be.
i hope you will be kind and humble.
i hope you will have a heart full of gratefulness.
i hope you will have few regrets.
i hope you will make wise choices.
i hope you will love your brother and love being a sister.
i hope you will dream big.
i hope you will know that, from the moment you existed, you have been my dream come true.

3 comments:

  1. Tears streaming down my face. So happy for you! Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying like a baby. Love her and you. I hope all these things for her, too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nisha...i am sobbing too....Geez!! you could sell this you know...I am ordering one right now!!

    ReplyDelete