Thursday, August 9, 2012

Missing my caleb b.

Dear Caleb,

You are on your way to Spokane to spend time with your aunt, uncle, cousins, awmie, papa and mikey … for one whole week.

I’ve never been this far away from you for this long.

My heart is warm thinking of all the laughing and running and splashing you’ll do. You remember and soak up so many things in your everyday life now … I just know that you’ll make memories and learn things this week that will stay with you forever. My little man making memories with your family. That I love.

But– even though you’ve only been gone for a couple of hours – I already feel it. That Caleb-sized void in my heart. You left and now really important pieces of me are missing. Can’t wait to get you back and feel whole again.

Until then, I know you are in great hands. You be good for them. Do what you’re told. Sleep in your crib and sleep through the night. Say your prayers. Keep your food in your mouth and not on the floor. Brush your teeth. Say please and thank you. Hold hands when crossing the street. Share with your cousins. No whining. Be nice. Eat your veggies. Say sorry when you’re wrong. Don’t go near the water without an adult or your lifejacket. Be patient. Say no THANK YOU. Tell them when you need to go potty. Put your toys away. Put your dishes in the sink. Be nice to the doggies.

And when you say “I love you,” SAY IT LOUD!

Know that you’ll be missed. I will miss snuggling with you and your “nulky” morning and night. I will miss chasing you around trying to get your dressed. I will miss you asking me the same question 500 times. I will miss searching the entire house for your Thomas or James or or Matar or your monkey or your Bible. I will miss you holding my thumb and picking off my nail polish. I will miss my little buddy on my hip. I will miss you squeezing my cheeks. I will miss your squeals when you first see Kenzo in the morning. I will miss your silly songs and you cool dance moves. I will miss your little arms around my neck and your sweet kisses. I will NOT miss your wet zerberts. I will miss feeling like a million bucks when I’m greeted at the door with the biggest hug and “mooooommmmmeeeeee!” I will miss gnawing on your checks. I will miss your giggle, your smile, the way you make every single thing in our world better.

I hope you don’t start missing us until we are five minutes away from you and can scoop you up and SMOTHER you will all of the extra love that grew during this week.

Have fun baby. We’ll see you soon.

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to read this to him tomorrow! He will be so excited to see you guys:) what a dream it has been to have him. This will definetly be tradition!

    ReplyDelete