Saturday, September 25, 2010

my happy place




when i'm having a bad day, there are many places i can go in my head and it reminds me that i'm profoundly blessed and have so, so much to be thankful for.

some days, i close my eyes and i see you and your dad. you both have those big amazing eyes that are so expressive and so happy. he is making you laugh and you are looking at him like he's the best thing in the world.

some days, i think of hearing that newborn baby cry for the first time and the wave of relief and joy that rushed over me. i feel grace over and over again.

some days i picture you on the changing table turning your head back and forth while you kick and laugh. i feel your happiness and excitement.

some days i think of your head on my shoulder, snuggling with me. i remember that you depend on me and it makes me want to be better.

throughout my life, God has blessed me so much and given me so many examples of His great love and provision for us.

on even the worst of days, i know that i have it better than good.

when it comes down to it, i feel like i hit the jackpot.

i still cannot believe that we got YOU.

a little man who is adorable and sweet and full of personality.

who is quirky and funny and who is so absolutely wonderful.

a sweet baby who we delight in even on the worst of days.

thinking of the gift i received in you is always my happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment