Tuesday, October 12, 2010

seven months



Dear Caleb,

You are seven months old. And there is so, so much I love about you.

I love how with each month your hair gets bigger, higher, more curly, and more crazy. It makes me laugh and it makes you unmistakably you.

I love how you sit up all by yourself.

I love how you topple over on purpose just to make me laugh.

I love how you are ticklish on your feet.

I love your serious face and your cute little profile.

I love how big your smile is when you see us first thing in the morning.

I love all the funny noises you make. You are so loud.

I love that you are my five second snuggler. I really try to make the snuggles last. They are my favorite.

I love how you stop whatever you're doing and are glued to the screen every time we turn on Baby Einstein.

I love how you sit in your Bumbo seat on the kitchen counter and watch me intently while I cook.

I love how you are with babies and little kids. You are mesmerized by them whenever they’re around.

I love how you grab my face with both of your hands and try to take a bite out of my chin like it’s an apple.

I love the feel of your two little teeth poking through your gums.

I love the hope you give me when you have a really great night of sleep.

I love how you like to see me make a fool of myself. And I do it regularly and glady because making you laugh is so worth it.

I love how you’ll wake up by yourself in the morning and just hang out.

i love how happy you make your dad.

I love how, just when I think there is no possible way I could love you more, another day passes and I do.

Caleb, I hope you never tire of hearing how much I love you because I don’t think I could ever stop telling you. You fill my heart to the brim.


1 comment:

  1. I loved the one about the hope he gives you when he has a good night sleep. I promise, it will happen. He will go to bed around 8 or 9 and wake up in the morning,

    ReplyDelete