Sunday, October 24, 2010

game day






One day, Caleb will go to the Seahawks games with his dad. They will wake up early in anticipation, maybe get some food ready for tailgating, drive down to the stadium WAY too early, park WAY too far away, soak in the excitement of just being at Qwest Field on game day, have a beer (Caleb will have a root beer), talk with old friends, and yell and scream until they lose their voices, give high fives, buy hot dogs with cream cheese from a street vendor, walk about 15 miles back to the car and come home smiling no matter who won.

Isn't my son so blessed to have a dad like Luke? I can't wait for all they will share together. They are already best buds, but it makes me smile knowing everything Caleb will experience in his life simply because he has an amazing dad. I know Luke will be Caleb's hero, as he is mine.

It warms my heart.

And speaking of warm.

I get to watch the game at home today with the little man. Someday he'll be at Qwest Field with dad in the freezing cold, getting rained on. But at least for today, he's warm and cozy with me.

1 comment: