Sunday, November 7, 2010

eight months.





jocelyn k brown photography


Dear Caleb,

Most moms think their kids grow up too fast and I’m no exception. But when you turned eight months I found myself wondering how in the world it has only been eight months. Because you are so much a part of my life and world and heart . . . and it seems like you always have been.

Here’s who you are at eight months.

You are learning baby sign language. And by “learning” I mean we sign to you and you look at us like we’re crazy.

You can pull yourself up.

You have two, precious little bottom teeth.

You are so active, always moving, looking around, rolling over, and grabbing things. We have to hold onto you tightly and watch you closely at all times.

You still make really, really loud noises. Sometimes at inopportune times.

You have a new car seat and look like such a little man when you look out the window and study your surroundings.

Sophie and Dotters. Still your main people.

You say mama!

You say dada, too.

You love to dance.

You love when we bounce you on our knee.

You are outgrowing your mobile. Instead of peacefully watching it go in circles above your head, you reach up and try to pull it down.

You are sleeping unswaddled. I will miss the baby burrito. So much.

You are a champ on road trips. Not that you don’t complain sometimes, but you are still a trooper.

You love the water. You splash and play and kick and it’s so much fun to watch. Hard to imagine there was ever a time that you hated baths.

You go crazy when you first see us after work. Arms are flailing, legs are kicking and you scream with delight.

You still don’t sleep through the night.

You still love Saturday mornings.

You love it when your dad “walks” you to sleep.

Your laugh is the funniest thing in the world.

Eight months. In just eight months, I've experienced what seems like a lifetime of emotions. I get to care for, nurture and love you every day and that has brought me more joy than I know what to do with. I honestly don't know how I got so blessed. I know what I have is a gift and I pray that I never take it for granted. I love being a mom. I love being YOUR mom. And I love you, Caleb B. So very, very much.

Love,

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment