Monday, November 21, 2011

tidbits.



Caleb loves reading books. I love when he grabs a book from his basket and brings it to me so we can snuggle. It’s one of the rare times these days that he sits still for long enough for me to cuddle with him. His favorite books are ones with animals in them, and he points to every picture (and I mean EVERY single picture) and asks “what’s that?” I may or may not have called one animal I didn’t recognize a “jackalope.” But I was really tired.

Speaking of reading, the other day we were reading a book and I wasn’t really paying attention to the pictures. But Caleb stopped me in mid-sentence, put his hands together, bowed his head and said, “amen.” When I looked at the picture it was of a little girl praying. Melted my heart.

A few nights ago we were leaving a friend’s house and Caleb randomly yelled, “Bye guys!” as we were walking out the door. Luke and I were dying. He just sounded like such a little boy.

After getting home late (8 p.m. is late, right?) Caleb was completely asleep and Luke was changing him into his pajamas. As he was still asleep, Caleb yelled “cookies!” out of nowhere. Wonder what he was dreaming of.

So far Caleb seems to like his baby sister. He often points to my belly or kisses my belly and says “baby.” I pray this behavior continues when she’s out.

The other day when I picked Caleb up from daycare, his teacher stopped me and told me how much she loved him. It made me cry. But everything makes me cry when I’m pregnant. But this. This was definitely cry-worthy.

I'm now six months pregnant and am so big. I can't imagine what I'll look like at nine months or how I'll be able to hold Caleb and chase him around everywhere. Interesting times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment