Thursday, January 6, 2011

excuses.


I know I have been bad about blogging lately, but I have a really great excuse.

My child is mobile. And I don’t just mean that he’s crawling, I mean he is pulling himself up and down onto anything he can get his hands on … sometimes on things that are very unstable. He’s opening and closing doors and trying to stick his hands in the toilet. He’s crawling up stairs. He’s leveraging multiple pieces of furniture to make his way through every inch of our house. So who has time to blog? I’m too busy saying “NO!”

No, Caleb, don’t touch that outlet.
No, don’t push those buttons on the remote because mommy will never know how to fix it.
No, you can’t go outside by yourself.
No, don’t crawl into that space because I wont’ be able to get you out.
No, don’t eat what’s in that dustpan.
No, don’t get into that drawer.
No, that is not a toy (incidentally, why is it that you can have a house full of toys – and believe me, we do – and still, all he wants is to play with is my cell phone and our remote?).
No, no, no …. you can’t touch that, climb on that, crawl through that, go there, do that … no.

And to my credit, I sometimes throw in a “please.”

But I’ve got it under control. I will be back to blogging in no time. And this kid just gets cuter by the second, so it'll be good stuff.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious. He is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can SO relate. Just add a crazy older brother and you've got my life. :)

    ReplyDelete